03 January 2009

Lies, Damned Lies, etc.

Every Monday, my friend Marko writes a search term safari blog post, in which he details the unusual and amusing search keywords which led people to his site. Now, I don't have nearly as many readers as he does, but a look at my Google Analytics data for the last three months yielded these gems:

"trapped in a spacesuit"
Well, that's not exactly what "Prisoner" is about, but close enough.

"your velociraptor is on fire"
Again, "Guns, Shooting Velociraptors Out Of" is--as you might guess from the title--actually about firing velociraptors, but who's to say they wouldn't also be on fire as a result?

sexual climax "blogspot"
I'm not sure what this fellow was hoping to find, but "Love Lucy" is all he's going to get from me.

512 in binary
That would be 1000000000 (nine zeroes, hence the logo below), as Google Calculator will tell you.

500 word science fiction story
We have a winner!

And the top five direct-linked stories from the first three months of 512 are (drum roll):
  1. "Birthdays"
    Everybody has one.
  2. "October Surprise"
    No surprise in an election year.
  3. "Guns, Shooting Velociraptors Out Of"
    Kids love dinosaurs.
  4. "Firepower"
    Kids also love the Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle.
  5. "Antique"
    Nobody doesn't love giant robots.

More than half my readers were linked from other sites, and I'd like to thank John Scalzi and Ken Levine in particular. I have no idea how I got that one referral from Cake Wrecks, but hey, I'll take it.

EOF

No comments: