24 June 2010

Sponsor me in the Clarion UCSD Write-a-Thon 2010!

Starting on Sunday, June 27th, and continuing through August 7th, I will be participating in Clarion UCSD's first annual Write-a-Thon. I did the Clarion West Write-a-Thon last year, and raised $323.66 for them. This year I'm hoping to break the $512 barrier.

What is a write-a-thon? It's like a charity walk-a-thon, but instead of walking or running (dammit Jim, I'm a writer, not an athlete), I will write every day during this six-week period. I haven't defined a specific goal yet, but my baseline will be 1,024 words a day. (Yes, I am a huge nerd.)

To read more about my writing and make a donation, visit the web site:
All proceeds go to support the Clarion Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and your donation is fully tax-deductible in the United States. You can sponsor multiple writers--feel free to browse the list and see if there's anyone else you want to support!

Follow my progress on LiveJournal, where I'll be posting daily updates. Or watch for my inevitable procrastination on Twitter.

EOF

No comments: